You must exercise regularly, for a sufficient intensity, for a reasonable length of time, to reap the health benefits you desire. To achieve long-term benefits of HIIT training, it is important to choose a type of exercise you love and that fits into your daily life. High-intensity interval Training (HIIT), which is a fast and efficient workout, has been growing in popularity over the last decade.
Here are seven reasons that HIIT workouts might be the right choice for you if you aren’t convinced you can fit regular exercise into your busy schedule.
Check It Out
- To consume one liter of oxygen, the human body requires approximately 5 calories. More oxygen is required for an activity that involves multiple muscle groups and high intensity. This means more calories are burned. For those looking to lose weight or maintain it, HIIT workouts that include both the upper and lower bodies can prove particularly beneficial.
- HIIT primarily relies on the anaerobic energy pathway, which runs out of adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) very quickly. This is the chemical that muscle cells use to produce energy. During the work interval, you also use energy, and muscle cells continue to make and replace ATP during the recovery period. Whether you’re working hard or taking a break during active recovery, your muscles will always be active during a HIIT workout.
- Another one of the benefits of HIIT training is that it’s a great way to burn calories and continue burning calories even after your workout ends. Excessive post-exercise oxygen intake (EPOC) This is how your metabolism continues to burn calories and consume oxygen for hours after a HIIT session. After you’re done with your exercise, your muscles continue to consume oxygen to replace the ATP lost during the exercise.
- HIIT, when done at the highest intensity, can help muscle growth. HIIT generates a lot of metabolic byproducts. These include inorganic phosphates and hydrogen ions. This helps promote the growth of hormones like IGF-1 or GH that are used to repair muscle proteins. This could lead to a greater muscle definition and size without the need to lift weights.
- A short HIIT session can help you burn calories and build muscle. It could also provide important benefits to your brain and cognitive performance. HIIT is more effective than steady-intensity moderate-intensity exercise in producing brain-derived neural factor (BDNF), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), proteins that help the growth of blood vessels and new cells, respectively.
- Many fitness clubs, online studios, and exercise studios use HIIT to provide effective group workouts in a matter of minutes. These benefits can be achieved by logging on to an online HIIT program or attending a HIIT class at a favorite gym.
- Intensity is more important in HIIT than time. Performing a high-intensity workout can help you achieve results in a short time. Most HIIT workouts, which include both the warm up and cool down, can be completed in under 30 minutes. This makes them an ideal choice for those with busy schedules.
Choose Apex Performance
It’s nice to be able to do a long, stress-reducing session but there will come a time when you have to work. It’s important to realize that efficient workouts can work and produce results. At Apex performance we are a community of highly trained experts looking to provide performance enhancement and a permanent lifestyle change for our clients in a fun and interactive environment. Members can take advantage of personal training in Tampa, one-on-one training, small group classes, and specialized courses for a wide variety of athletics, youth sports training, and nutritional guidance! Check out what others are saying about Apex and its trainers and contact us today to get started on your fitness journey!