Today, you will learn the 5 things that you can do to boost your metabolism. This is an important part of Apex Performance’s fitness program.
This is crucial because many people slow down their metabolism as they try to lose weight repeatedly. They then gain more weight after stopping their diet.
Your metabolism may have slowed down if you’ve tried and failed to follow several exercise and diet programs in the past year. Read on to see what can help you boost your metabolism!
1. Lift weights. It is vital to build up your metabolism. Your metabolism is like a fire. The bigger and hotter the fire gets, it will burn more. With muscle, we can build that big fire. At least three times per week, you should be lifting weights.
2. Protein is the most important nutrient in a standard American diet. Protein is important for your body. It helps you build muscles, keeps you fuller for longer and helps your immune system. Yet, so many people don’t get enough. A healthy protein should be a part of every meal.
3. Get more sleep. Sleep is an important factor in hormone regulation. Hormones are key to losing weight and building muscle. A good night’s sleep should be between 7 and 9 hours. A healthy metabolism and body composition are dependent on a well-rested sleep.
4. Non-exercise activity should be increased. Many people believe that a 30-minute workout will burn hundreds, if not 1000 calories. This is not true. Your metabolism is actually affected by your non-exercise activities. It is important to get up more, move more, and play with your children more. You can do the yard work, walk up the stairs, and carry your bags. These things add up and can make a huge difference in your metabolism.
5. Slowly increase your calories. Your body will soon adapt to low-calorie diets. To increase your metabolism, slowly add more food to your diet each week if this is the case. This is known as a reverse diet. This diet is designed to improve your metabolism so that you can lose weight and keep it off.
These are some steps to boost your metabolism. Many people suffer from a slow metabolism these days and the best way to boost your metabolism is with exercise. Apex Performance offers the best group fitness in Tampa Fl! Voted overall 1st in their field, Apex Performance gives you the best personal trainers to guide you to the right path to gain metabolism. Apex performance is a community of highly trained experts looking to provide performance enhancement and a permanent lifestyle change for our clients in a fun and interactive environment. Members can take advantage of personal training in Tampa, one-on-one training, small group classes, and specialized courses for a wide variety of athletics, youth sports training, and nutritional guidance! Check out what others are saying about Apex and its trainers and contact us today to get started on your fitness journey!